Monday, July 30, 2007

30 July, thinking...

When we got Lady she was just a JR with long legs, maybe a Parsons, but we've been looking at terrier pics online and in Dogs Today and my other half mentioned that she looks like a smooth Fox Terrier, and having googled for pics of that breed I have to agree!
The father was a proper scruffy mad JR, a bit like Eddie from Frazier, but mum was different. I only got a quick look at her but she reminded me of a long beaked JR,lots of black in the head, and very sleek,;the missus mentioned the possibility of Whippet in there!
Hmmmm
Smooth Fox Terrier:
Parson's Russell Terrier:

Lady:

3 comments:

Brian Shone said...

Looks like she's only a babie

LarryS said...

Yea shes....9 weeks old.

Em said...

That piccy of the Parson's looks so much like Mollie. One school of thought says that the Parson's (or original JR if you like) is essentially Fox Terrier X Whippet, so your missus could be right on both counts. I suspect that we'll never know, as the working JRs were pretty much crossed anything of the right sort of size and colouring, as long as that pairing would continue or enhance the breeds characteristics - speed, strength, stamina etc rather than looks, although it was important for the dog to be mostly white so that it stood out. I@ll dig around and send you some intersting links when I can find them again, it's all very very contradictory and the breed names even differ over here from in the US - I can never remember which way round it is, either!!

Em